APIC error interrupt on CPU 0. Status 0 = 0, Status 1 = 40
gamefaqsph
2006-05-13 08:03:40 UTC
Hi, I get this error whenever I shutdown solaris. I had this eversince
my first install... What does this error mean? My solaris doesn't turn
off my computer when I shutdown. It's ok though when I reboot. Thanks!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/CZFolB/TM
Ben Taylor
2006-05-13 10:48:01 UTC
Post by gamefaqsph
Hi, I get this error whenever I shutdown solaris. I had this eversince
my first install... What does this error mean? My solaris doesn't turn
off my computer when I shutdown. It's ok though when I reboot. Thanks!
Wow. the last computer I had that showed those particular errors
was an Abit BP6 with a pair of 366Mhz PPGA Celerons running at
522Mhz (92Mhz FSB).

What kind of motherboard/CPU compbination are you running,
and which version of Solaris?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/CZFolB/TM
gamefaqsph
2006-05-13 13:35:29 UTC
Hi, I'm using ECS MOBO model P4VVM2, Intel Celeron D 2.x Ghz (I think
x is for, I can't remember...), 512 MB RAM. Hope you could help me...
Thanks!

You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free. See how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/CZFolB/TM
Jasse Jansson
2006-05-13 13:53:41 UTC
John Martin
2006-05-13 13:59:51 UTC
I had those on my Turion laptop.
I don't have them anymore since yesterday, when I upgraded the BIOS.
Now Sol10u1 won't boot anymore, it's not even trying to go past the
copyright notice.
This particular laptop refuses to boot b3?, it just spews out a bunch of
debug messages and then tries to reboot a bunch of times.
Oh, it's an ASUS A6Km currently running memtest86+.
I have the US variant of the A6Km. It hangs right after the copyright
message if I have a USB mouse plugged in during boot. Unplugging
the USB mouse before booting fixes the problem. Plug the mouse
back in after the first JDS screen appears.

Jasse Jansson
2006-05-13 14:29:14 UTC
Post by John Martin
I had those on my Turion laptop.
I don't have them anymore since yesterday, when I upgraded the BIOS.
Now Sol10u1 won't boot anymore, it's not even trying to go past the
copyright notice.
This particular laptop refuses to boot b3?, it just spews out a bunch of
debug messages and then tries to reboot a bunch of times.
Oh, it's an ASUS A6Km currently running memtest86+.
I have the US variant of the A6Km. It hangs right after the copyright
message if I have a USB mouse plugged in during boot. Unplugging
the USB mouse before booting fixes the problem. Plug the mouse
back in after the first JDS screen appears.
I can boot Zeta on this laptop using this trick, but I never thought
Solaris
would fail at the same spot as a more graphics oriented OS that needs
the mouse for the installation of the system.
And I thought I was too old to learn new things. Hah.
It has to be a flakey/buggy USB controller of some kind.

I'm currently installing b39.
LOTSA THANKS, John.

Kaiser Jasse -- Authorized Stealth Oracle

The axioms of wisdom:
1. You can't outstubborn a cat
2. You can't conquer the universe without the knowledge of FORTRAN
3. In the Unix realm, 10% of work fixes 90% of the problems

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/CZFolB/TM
Ben Taylor
2006-05-13 14:23:58 UTC
Post by gamefaqsph
Hi, I'm using ECS MOBO model P4VVM2, Intel Celeron D 2.x Ghz (I think
x is for, I can't remember...), 512 MB RAM. Hope you could help me...
What version of Solaris (10, express) are you runing, and have you
run the Sun Update Manager if on Solaris 10 to update any patches.

Is your motherboard bios up to date?

Ben

Ben Taylor

gamefaqsph
2006-05-14 02:58:25 UTC
I'm running the Sun update manager right now... It shows that I'm
using SunOS 5.10

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/CZFolB/TM
gamefaqsph
2006-05-14 06:59:21 UTC
The SUN update wasn't sufficient to fix the error. Do I have to go as
far as flashing/updating the BIOS? I haven't done this before and I'm
quite scared to do that... Would my installation be affected after I
do that? Thanks!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/CZFolB/TM
Jasse Jansson
2006-05-14 09:27:57 UTC
C***@Sun.COM
2006-05-14 09:31:23 UTC
Yes, sometimes Solaris will be upset by BIOS upgrades and refuse to
boot.
You never know what happens in advance, unfortunately.
Is that not generally a result of controller firmware reverting
to default settings on firmware upgrades?

(Blithering idiots can't even write firmware which uses a fixed, append
new stuff at end of the NVRAM)

Casper

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/CZFolB/TM
Jasse Jansson
2006-05-14 09:53:36 UTC
C***@Sun.COM
2006-05-14 09:59:09 UTC
Well it's someone else's problem, so why should they care ;o)
They write the bloody firmware, so it is their problem, I would think?

Casper

Phillip Bruce
2006-05-14 17:23:12 UTC
Post by gamefaqsph
The SUN update wasn't sufficient to fix the error. Do I have to go as
far as flashing/updating the BIOS? I haven't done this before and I'm
quite scared to do that... Would my installation be affected after I
do that? Thanks!
So that you don't have problems be sure to backup your BIOS. Most
BIOS flash utilities have a way to do that. So backup first before you
upgrade that BIOS. That way you can revert back to previous version.

Phillip

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/CZFolB/TM
Ben Taylor
2006-05-14 14:19:06 UTC
Post by gamefaqsph
The SUN update wasn't sufficient to fix the error. Do I have to go as
far as flashing/updating the BIOS? I haven't done this before and I'm
quite scared to do that... Would my installation be affected after I
do that? Thanks!
an odd question: Are you overclocking your processor?

Ben

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/CZFolB/TM
Jasse Jansson
2006-05-14 15:19:14 UTC
Post by Ben Taylor
Post by gamefaqsph
The SUN update wasn't sufficient to fix the error. Do I have to go as
far as flashing/updating the BIOS? I haven't done this before and I'm
quite scared to do that... Would my installation be affected after I
do that? Thanks!
an odd question: Are you overclocking your processor?
I'm not doing that on my notebook, and I had those messages
when I booted.

They have gone away from my notebook, now running b38.

Solution: Unplug the mouse (maybe everything) from the USB port
until the dtlogin screen appears.

Seems to be a flakey/buggy USB chip.

gamefaqsph
2006-05-15 03:54:23 UTC
I'm not overclocking the processor. I will try to reset the BIOS to
default when I get home. Thank you for your replies. I'll notify you
of the results. Thanks!